Activity Instructor (18+)
Xplore - Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Job Title: Activity Instructor (18+)
Location: Stowmarket, Suffolk
Contract: Fixed-term – February - October
Salary: £246.00 - £394.08pw less optional accommodation
Hours of work: 40 – 48 per week
Reporting to: Centre Manager
Xplore has been one of the largest established independent youth travel providers for nearly 30 years, offering a range of activity, educational and cultural packages for children and young people, throughout the UK, Europe and worldwide on a residential, daily & boarding basis.
We are very aware that a company has to ‘feel’ right when you are looking for employment. We believe we are a company with a very sociable and friendly approach.
What will you do?
To deliver safe and enjoyable activity sessions for groups of approximately 12 Xplore participants in activities. We will train you up to gain National Governing Body awards for such activities as Archery, Canoeing, Climbing and you will also complete in-house training.
• Be passionate about working with children and young adults.
• Attend internal and external training courses organised by Xplore.
• Support children in non-activity time with their needs.
• Be friendly and enthusiastic.
• Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and proactively enforce these principles while working for Xplore.
• Supervise excursions and ensure groups leave/ arrive on time, as well as ensuring entrance times are met.
• Take responsibility for an activity area that you are competent in and ensure that Xplore guidelines are adhered to.
• Be able to oversee the safety and well being of children, and accompanying adults, under your instruction.
• Be flexible with working hours of the day to meet the demands of the job and willing to go ‘that extra mile’
• Supervise activities, which you will be trained and assessed in so you are able to lead.
• Be familiar with all the statements in the site specific Xplore Health & Safety Policy Statement and Company Culture to observe safe working methods.
• To plan appropriately for the activities that you are timetabled for.
• To follow the systems in place for equipment management and record keeping.
• To protect and conserve all properties belonging to the company.
• At least once per week carry out the duties for ‘Duty Day’
• Check communal rooms and external facilities;
• Supervise the orderly conduct of meals;
• Patrol the building after lights out to ensure all the children are settled;
• Secure the building;
• Report any incidents to senior staff.
• To assist any person requiring medical treatment or refer to a qualified First Aider.
• Assist in the changeovers for the arrival and departure of children in whatever capacity is required.
• To report any accident or near miss occurrence.
• To report faults on machinery, activity equipment, fabric of the building and vehicles.
• To assist in the checking and maintaining of activity equipment according to In-House training.
• To assist in the continued maintenance of any Xplore centre and equipment.
• To assist in the moving of equipment to and from Centres and the set-up, and takedown of that equipment when necessary.
• Gaining satisfactory DBS clearance.
We are looking for:
• A confident communicator
• Ability to instruct activities
• Willingness to learn
• Attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work
Other jobs in the same country
Latest Job Postings
|Belgium / Posted: 41 min ago||Turkey / Posted: 23 hours ago|
|United States of America / Posted: 1 day ago||Sri Lanka / Posted: 1 day ago|
|Antigua / Posted: 1 day ago||Italy / Posted: 1 day ago|
|Spain / Posted: 1 day ago||Italy / Posted: 1 day ago|
|Ireland / Posted: 2 days ago||Italy / Posted: 2 days ago|
|Italy / Posted: 2 days ago||Italy / Posted: 3 days ago|