Surf teacher / head coach wanted at Yoga & Surf Retreat at Algarve, Portugal!
Karma Retreats Lda. - Algarve, Portugal
Surf teacher / head coach wanted – Algarve 2019!
The Karma Surf Retreat in the Algarve Portugal is looking for support, within our team by an exclusive surf teacher / head coach and surf teacher assistant for our guests for the upcoming season 2019.
Basically, we only teach in small groups, mostly beginners, providing an instructor-guest-ratio of 1:4, so as to deliver the highest quality in the market. Regular lessons take place from Mon-Fri between 10:00 (pick up) and 14:00 (drop-off) – approx.. 2h water time.
If you want to teach on the most beautiful beaches with numerous surf spots and are open, communicative, motivated and a team player, then you are exactly the right candidate.
We are a small team with a family atmosphere run surf & yoga retreat and we value close and personal contact with our guests, as well as responsible and extremely professional and dedicated work. Experienced surf instructors are welcome to take on a new challenge with further opportunities, but we are open to offering qualified newcomers with little experience a chance with further potential.
The Karma Surf Retreat offers yoga and outdoor sports holidays in Portugal, aiming at delivering the highest level of quality in the market in all aspects of the customer experience. We started in 2013 as a surf & yoga focused retreat maintaining a high level of quality, service and customer satisfaction now seeking a complementary addition to our team that understands and can share our passion for surf, food, travel and hospitality.
Your tasks (Head coach):
- Organizing and teaching surf lessons (practice and theory)
- Staffing/organizing of assistant and backup teacher
- administration support of surf school operations (inventory, licensing, marketing)
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the surf equipment
- Responsible for taking good care of surf school vehicles
- Daily surf spot transfer, airport and accommodation transfers (airport shuttle - mainly Saturday).
- Weekly video analysis in the villa (including filming with Go pro (provided)
- Carrying out extra surf lessons, surf guiding, private lessons etc (depending on qualification) at weekend or weekdays afternoon (on demand / upselling)
- Frequent participation in Welcome BBQ and Midweek BBQ
- Help with purchases
- Small jobs around the house
- Socializing with guests
- At least 20 years old (female or male)
- Surf instructor licence (ISA Level 1+ or FPS – Level 2 is a plus) – incl. lifeguard
- Driving license
- basic computer skills (excel, word, outlook), internet & social media savvy is a plus
- Foreign languages: English, Portuguese is a plus, German helps as well
- Teamwork, enjoying in dealing with guests – client focussed approach.
- Punctual, reliable, responsible, hardworking, leadership skills
- Patient, creative communicator (teaching skills) and physically fit and resilient
- Positive, happy, flexible and open personality
- Love for surfing and respect to the ocean
- Mid-April to early November 2019
- min. regular surf lessons 5 days a week about 20 hours (half day 2 hours + transport)
- Additional extra surf lessons in the afternoon on demand (paid extra)
- Weekly hours 40 hours or more if desired and availability
- Airport transfers mainly on Saturday on demand
- Use of the car/van (provided) – own car is a plus.
- Catering (Menu of the retreat)
- if not local inhabitant, we can give assistance in finding accommodation, - competitive salary depending on qualification and role
- Invoicing (Recibo Verdes) or contract
- Opportunity to take on an important and responsible part within our Company for all surf related work with a promising and stable position for the future.
If this has sparked your interest, then please send us an application with valid licenses and training (if available), with photo (portrait and surf) to:
Other jobs in the same country
Latest Job Postings
|Greece / Posted: 5 hours ago||Italy / Posted: 5 hours ago|
|Turkey / Posted: 5 hours ago||Remote (anywhere) / Posted: 6 hours ago|
|Kenya / Posted: 8 hours ago||Cyprus / Posted: 11 hours ago|
|United Arab Emirates / Posted: 1 day ago||Portugal / Posted: 2 days ago|
|Netherlands / Posted: 2 days ago||Spain / Posted: 3 days ago|
|Netherlands / Posted: 3 days ago||United States of America / Posted: 3 days ago|