Seasonal Watersports Instructor
Whitecap Leisure Ltd - Willen Lake, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
POSITION: SEASONAL WATERSPORTS & ACTIVITY INSTRUCTOR
(Varying contract lengths from April – October)
REPORTING TO: Waterfront Supervisor
REMUNERATION: From £7.00per hour
LOCATION: Willen Lake, V10 Brickhill Street, Milton Keynes MK15 ODS
• To help in the organisation and delivery of day to day running of the Watersports Centre.
• Be a key contact point for large groups and identifying and resolving problems if and when they arise.
• To help in the maintenance of equipment and be required to carry out any duties expected of an Instructor.
• To deliver high quality sessions to participants.
• To plan and run sessions in line with Centre operating procedures.
• To support staff in difficult circumstances, including changes in weather and student behaviour problems.
• To be responsible for the safety of all activity participants and ensure best practices and training is followed. Deliver SEL sessions.
• To deal with, as appropriate, any safety hazards and report to the Senior Management Team at the earliest opportunity.
• To provide activity-specific technical advice and course guidance where required.
• To administer first aid or to ensure that first aid/medical assistance is called at the earliest opportunity should an incident occur.
• To instruct groups of all ages in a range of activities, for which you are qualified.
• To ensure that equipment is maintained and stored to suitable standards to ensure safe and effective operation.
• To ensure all records are filled out correctly.
• To ensure certified courses are delivered in line with NGB requirements, and to oversee that standards are being met where certificates are being issued.
• To be aware that the Centre represents the public face of The Parks Trust and to conduct all activities in a manner which promotes and enhances our image and reputation.
• To undertake any other compatible duties as required.
• To promote equality and ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with our Equal Opportunities Policy.
• To ensure that accurate cash handling procedures are being followed, when working on the till.
• To adhere to the Centre cleaning processes.
• To assist on the operation of hire .
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Outgoing, calm and engaging personality
• Self-motivated, organised and confident
• Experience of working with the public eg. in a customer focused role
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
A minimum of one of the following qualifications should be held to be considered for this role:
• RYA Senior Instructor
• RYA Dinghy Instructor
• RYA Windsurfing Instructor
• RYA Powerboat Instructor
• BC/UKCC Level 1 Coach
• BC/UKCC Level 2 Coach
• GB Archery Instructor
With Additional Qualifications:
• RYA Powerboat Level 2
• First Aid Qualification
• BSUPA/BC/ASI/WSA SUP Instructor
• BSUPA Level 2 Instructor
• BDA Dragonboat Helm
• RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Instructor
• Driving License
• Safeguarding Certificate
• Current DBS
This job description represents the usual duties and requirements of the position, however, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with their capability, training and level of authority. The company reserves the right to change the job description in consultation with the post holder. The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment.
Other jobs in the same country
Latest Job Postings
|Italy / Posted: 14 hours ago||Germany / Posted: 1 day ago|
|Italy / Posted: 1 day ago||Puerto Rico / Posted: 1 day ago|
|Egypt / Posted: 4 days ago||Germany / Posted: 4 days ago|
|United Kingdom / Posted: 5 days ago||United States of America / Posted: 5 days ago|
|United States of America / Posted: 5 days ago||Turkey / Posted: 6 days ago|
|Austria / Posted: 1 week ago||Mexico / Posted: 1 week ago|